Logo

2000 225 h.o. loading up

zackfactor

Regular Contributor
I have a 2000 225 h.o. carb motor. The motor is loading up after idle, then consequently will not get up on plane. this has been a problem ever since i have owned it, and have no idea where to look. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

OK--------So how long have you owned it ???----------------How long does it take to " load up " when idling ???-----------Thermostats in place and working ??

i have owned the engine 3 years. it had this same problem when i first bought it, however it cleared up after a few days of running it. now it has returned. as for the problem, when i first start it, and try to get on plane, it falls flat on its face, eventually i can get up on plane but if i slow down for say 2 minutes it will fall flat on its face again. the compression is good and even, 95-100 lbs per cyl. the carbs have been gone through with kits 3 times, fuel pump changed. there is no vro. so im lost.

Mark up the flywheel for top dead centre of each cylinder.-----------Then put a timing light on it and check the firing of EACH cylinder.------------------Possibly loose magnets in the flywheel.------------Have you or someone inspected for damaged / worn crankshaft seal rings ???

Back