Logo

1999 Johnson 25HP 2-Stroke is spitting gasoline from the carburetor

chaseperry12

New member
I am working on a 1999 25hp Johnson motor and it is the first motor that I have worked on so I have very minimal experience. I finally got it running but for some reason, the carburetor was spitting gasoline out of the top right side when looking at it from the front.

Any ideas or recommendations for me to try would be great. Thank you in advance!
 
old 30hp from the 70s did some similar stuff and to my amazement it was just the fuel, plastic fuel tank was old and moisture got in it, changed tank and new fuel all good.
 
Cleaned and rebuilt the carburetor and it fixed the problem with the gasoline. However, the motor is still not running properly. It can run for a few seconds before spitting out. I was planning to look through some troubleshooting options to find the issue but if there are any recommendations then I am all ears. Could it be a tune-up problem?
 
Back
Top