"I just got a boat w/ a 1999 1
"I just got a boat w/ a 1999 115 hp ficht outboard. It had been sitting for a year so I drained most (but not all) of the gas out and put new gas in. I replace both fuel filters and put in new plugs. Champion 7712 @ .030 gap as recomended by manual. The boat starts fine, revs fine in neutral or gear while on trailer. In the water it starts fine & runs fine in neutral. Runs okay , little rough away from launch at headway speed. Once out on the water it runs okay till I get on it and try to bring it up to speed. Right around 3000 RPMs is cuts out, coughs, spits, sometimes it dies. I can't power thru it. I have to bring it back down to about 2000 - 2500 RPM's. Plugs have excess about of fuel on them. Even with brand new plugs same thing happened. Only does this with a load on the engine. No trbl on trailer getting above 3000 RPM.
Any idea would be greatly appreciated. It's killing me to not be on the water fishing. Missing out on the stripers."
"I just got a boat w/ a 1999 115 hp ficht outboard. It had been sitting for a year so I drained most (but not all) of the gas out and put new gas in. I replace both fuel filters and put in new plugs. Champion 7712 @ .030 gap as recomended by manual. The boat starts fine, revs fine in neutral or gear while on trailer. In the water it starts fine & runs fine in neutral. Runs okay , little rough away from launch at headway speed. Once out on the water it runs okay till I get on it and try to bring it up to speed. Right around 3000 RPMs is cuts out, coughs, spits, sometimes it dies. I can't power thru it. I have to bring it back down to about 2000 - 2500 RPM's. Plugs have excess about of fuel on them. Even with brand new plugs same thing happened. Only does this with a load on the engine. No trbl on trailer getting above 3000 RPM.
Any idea would be greatly appreciated. It's killing me to not be on the water fishing. Missing out on the stripers."

