1998 Mercury 225 EFI New Issue. It starts a little hard, have to tilt out of the water & open throttle all the way to get it to start, once started and warmed up and idles, revs, and goes into forward and reverse fine, Put it in gear got on plane no problem, ran up to 50 mph for 2 miles, came off plane and it now won't go above 2000 rpm to get on plane when under load. Put it in Neutral it will Rev all the way up. Pull it out of the water putt it in gear it will Rev all the way up. The only beep I'm getting, is the initial single beep when turning on ignition. This is on a 1994 Bass Cat Pantera with a 4 blade 25p Trophy prop. Previously had It has been rebuilt in last 2 years, less than 25 hrs. on it. I have completed break in and even sea foamed and fuel additives it to get any residual oil out and clean up injectors. (seemed to help a little).I also have a complete spare motor (Bad Cylinder) with all the parts so I can swap anything.
Ok what I've checked so far.
Greg B
Ok what I've checked so far.
- All Cyl. have compression between 98 and 102
- All have spark new Champion plugs gapped to .35
- New fuel line and new Fuel (97 octane)
- Swapped ECU's
- Pulled Intake and Checked Reeds
- Pulled VST and Checked Float and Cleaned the 2 screens
- Tried different Plug combination in the Prop
Greg B

