Logo

1998 evinrude 130 no power out of the hole

rooneyjrd

New member
the lower unit recently went o

the lower unit recently went out. I pulled it had it rebuilt and installed it myself. Now I have no power out of the hole.Top end seems to be fine. I have good spark and compression. All cylds aer hitting. What could have I done???
 
"not sure what could have happ

"not sure what could have happened with the lower. If a bearing were tight, it would affect the top end as well. Are you sure it's the same pitch prop as before? The only other thing that comes to mind would be to check the timing advance linkage. If it sat for awhile while you were fixing the lower, the linkage could have gotten sticky. If the linkage isn't advancing promptly when you open the throttle, it will bog."
 
Back
Top