Logo

1998 150 hp J150elecd issues

12dmax

OK, glad to be here, how you all doing? I have posted this question on a few other sites and have gotten some good info. I want to post it here also and see if any other ideas come up. First run of the day motor starts, idles and runs wot without an issue. After shutting motor down for awhile when I restart it fires up first few cranks, rpms right around 1100 (quick start) for a few secs then it just stalls out. Repeat start up 3 or 4 times till she finally stays running at idle. It will take full throttle without hesitation and run right up to 5400 smoothly. Come back down to idle around watching sonar it will let out a cough (feels like a miss) every now and then but wont stall. From what i've gathered so far all signs point to "HEAT SOAK" ? Is there such a thing? I will be at the lake this weekend to try diagnosing the heat soak. Have any of you dealt with this issue I'm having and got any other possibilites of what it may be?

Thanks, Tom

Re: 98 J150elecd issues

I pick the boat up today from the canvas shop and just so happens that was the first thing on the to do list. Do you have an idea as to what role the impeller was playing in this issue?

Tom

Back