1995mariahbarchettaaz
New member
I have a 1995 Mariah Barchetta 182 with Mercruiser 4.3 LX with a Weber marine 4 barrel carburetor. On a cold start my choke plate does not close completely. Ideally, on the first pump of the throttle shifter the choke plate needs to drop and be closed completely. For me no matter how many times you pump it stays slightly open (this is my first boat and a first one with a carb, so I am learning a lot). Because it does not close completely and create a "rich" environment in the chamber, I have to do several prolonged cranks before it starts. There are a ton of videos on YouTube on adjusting a choke plate on a Weber with an electric choke, but mine is a manual. I do not know where and what to adjust to make sure my choke plate drops after the first pump of the throttle shifter. No issues after that initial start. Any help and assistance/guidance would be appreciated. I am including a few pictures of my carb. Thanks in advance for your advice and guidance.
Attachments
Last edited:

