Logo

1995 2 stroke Mariner 150Hp outboard, no WOT.

Sifarcher

New member
Background: would not go to forward gear, replaced with a complete new old lower unit (LU).
Starts normally, when warmed, starts first pop and idles normally. No alarms.
Changed fuel filter canister. Refilled high pressure fuel pump with new fuel. I noticed that the primer bulb does not get filled quickly or as hard as previously before the LU change. Before it would be rock solid and pretty impossible to compress again. Currently sluggish after lengthy squeezing.
Water tail (cooling) normal. Ran engine for over 30 minutes before testing, no overheating or anything.
Pop gear lever to forward, lever down to maximum, engine speed tops at 24,000 rpm and boat not planing like normal. Clean hull bottom.
Took off spark leads one at a time, no discernable engine speed change.
I did
play around with the gear linkages to maximise the chances of gearbox going to forward, maybe I changed something to cause this problem? I reckon I changed it back ok, for neutral to be at neutral position on the engine side and enough slack for reverse and forward gears..

To do next:

Check fuel lines from low pressure fuel pump, maybe replace low pressure whole unit with a new one (will order one).

Any other fuel filters I should change as I suspect normal fuel flow is not normal causing no WOT?

Or engine thinks it is still in neutral (or ECM not recognising engine is inclined normally??) and not allowing full WOT?

What is this for in the attached photo? Just lies at the bottom of the engine case, should it be attached to something?



Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Malo

Sifa

boat3.JPG
 
Last edited:
I'm having a similar issue with my 1995 175 efi. After replacing a spent voltage rectifier as well as the other one. Now having issues like yourself.. governed at 2400 with my bow to the stars.
I'll keep my eye on your post, and share what I find.
 
Back
Top