Logo

1995 150 flush port routing

swade

Contributing Member
Hi all,

Been hanging out on the honda board for a few years, but the new project boat has a 95 150 saltwater series.

I haven't had a chance to dig into a manual on this thing yet. Motor runs great but I'm trying to find the routing of the flush port, I see it
goes into the bottom cowling, but checking diagram on parts.com I can't see where from there. Can i inspect the other end without pulling the lower cowling? or is that *where* the other end is. Like on my honda it leads up to the thermostat.

I'd have already pulled the lower to see but it's on a lift and i have to wait till i can get it on the trailer.

What's the best shop manual for this motor?

Thanks!
Shannon

Well i may have figured it out, from the diagram it looks like it does attach in the bottom case so i'll have to pull there to inspect.

Ok well it was hooked up. Sellor said it didn't work and was bypassed or something (no idea what he meant!), should have tested before i pulled the lower cowling.

But question is it is working right? His comments made me wonder but I don't think he's used the boat in awhile.

When i use the flush port (engine not running of course), water comes out the hub and other lower vents. NO water comes out the tattletell which makes me wonder.

When running the motor IN the water , i removed the flush port and exhaust gases do come out of there but no water.

Does it sound like it's working ok?

thanks for any help!

Bump, anyone have one that flushes on the port? I've looked at a service manual I have and can't tell the behavior. I'd think since water is getting to the lower unit the port and passeges are fine but I don't know the internal routing on the Yammy. see above post for the tattletell and flush port behavior.

Thanks for anyone who can help me out!

Back