Logo

1994 Mercury Pro Tracker 115 (1115412PT)

MPD345

Had a weird issue this last week with my motor..... When I get in the water and throttle down my boat will not get on the pad.... I can be full throttle wide open and won't pass 1500-2K RPM. When I initiate my "cold water throttle" it will rev up high 2,500-3K RPM. Some one suggested a bad "prop hull" Anyone had this issue?? Thank you in advance

"Will not get on the pad"?????? Is bottom of hull clean? Have fuel filters been inspected? What happens when primer bulb is squeezed while running in water? Do not rev. engine in neutral past1800 rpm,there is no load on engine,parts can go flying $$$$$. Is she running on all cylinders? Try a cylinder drop test, Pulling one plug wire at a time, listen and/or watch for a change in RPM

A drop test will only work on the top 2 cylinders on that motor. Look at the carb linkages make sure they are moving correctly. Your motor is a 2+2 motor it idles on the top 2 until 1800 rpm then tje other 2 kick in. You can check.for spark because all 4 will be firing.

Engine loads up and doesn’t spit and sputter at all, sounds great actually. When it reaches 1800 RpM it stays at a good sounding tune just doesn’t go fast. I was Thinking prop hull because it sounds so good and revs high in cold water start

Back