Logo

1994 Mercury 150hp 25 xri Tach wiring

R

Roger Phillips

Guest
"I installed a the motor and w

"I installed a the motor and wiring harness recently, as replacement of an old Force 150. I bought the Merc motor from one place and the wirng harness and gauges from another. The motor runs great and every thing works but the tach. I need to now wire colors to hook to the tachometer please. (original Mercury wiring harness)"
 
"Ing - to purple wire on switc

"Ing - to purple wire on switch
Gnd - black
Send - gray

Tach should be set to 6P. Note if you are trying to use the tach that worked with the Force and the Force was a 1991 or older, the tach will not work with the Merc."
 
hooked up the grey wire and it

hooked up the grey wire and it works fine.
thank you very much
 
Back
Top