Logo

1994 70hp Johnson removed oil injectionfuel pump now what

drewpolk

New member
I purchased a fuel pump to rep

I purchased a fuel pump to replace the injector pump and plugged off the Intake manifold hose that used to be connected to the oil injector pump. The new fuel pump has to ports to connect one from gas line source and the other to Carbs. I cannot find the peep hole to connect or mount the fuel pump to the engine so that it will have the pressure required to pump gas. Where is the mounting location for this pump. Johnson makes a 3 port pump do you know if the third port would take the place of the need for a peep hole on the engine. Should this peep hole be on the intake manifold in case?
 
"peep hole? you need one for v

"peep hole? you need one for vac,one for feed,one for tank.there should be a pre made line feeding all 3 carbs,thus three barbs on pump.
there should be a couple of screw holes on the block/maybe i just looked at your year.
that was not made to be run like that/it will work...
some older engines have mounting holes for other things"
 
"Since the pump I have only ha

"Since the pump I have only has two barbs for incoming fuel and outgoing delivery and in the back plate of pump has a small hole designed to mount flush within a peep hole for vacuum from engine to operate the pump, however I cannot find any place on the engine or intake to mount this pump. The three carbs all trunk into one fuel line from pump so the incoming and outgoing fuel barbs on pump are right I just cannot find a vacuum port on engine to connect to the pump. Any suggestions?"
 
"Firstly, You never had an &#3

"Firstly, You never had an 'oil injection pump' but an 'oil mix pump'. It simply mixed the oil with the fuel in the fuel pump section.
Is the old VRO 'broken'?
Why change?
If not broken, no need to fix!
If problem with the oil system, block off the oil inlet, unplug the electric contact and mix 2% fuel and keep on running!
I think You might run a bigger risk of problems with Your 'replacement' pump than the old VRO, with or without oil system attached."
 
"My old VRO pump must be broke

"My old VRO pump must be broken as it has same symptom as the new fuel pump which is not able to be mounted to a vacuum port on engine and doesn't allow for pump to work. The VRO pump was not pumping either. When I first disconnected it I did plug off oil lines and when I completely removed it I plugged the fuel mix line that feeds to the bottom of Intake. Let me ask you? Should the fuel line that formerly was connected to the VRO pump to the bottom of the intake be connected to the new fuel pump? There is a fuel pump with a third barb available, I bought the one with only two barbs and will not work on this engine without a mounting surface for the vaccum port."
 
"If changing to 'normal&#3

"If changing to 'normal' fuel-pump, use 0433388 which is used on the 65 commercial engines. You might need an additional bracket as well.Note the spring inside the pulse hose. That one is to keep the hose in shape due to the bending.
218088.gif
"
 
Back
Top