Hello,
I have a 1994 7.4L Mercruiser. It was running fine last year but I had to get some maintenance done on it to repair some broken teeth on the flywheel. While doing this the mechanic replaced the belt because it was old and soon to fail. They also did some work on the gimbal.
When it went back into the water the timing was off. I was able to fix that myself but I don’t have the top end power I had before. It takes a much longer time to get to plane as well.
Could this be a belt issue?
There’s no squealing with the belt.
No interior engine work was done so it's the only thing I can think of that has changed from before.
Thanks in advance.
I have a 1994 7.4L Mercruiser. It was running fine last year but I had to get some maintenance done on it to repair some broken teeth on the flywheel. While doing this the mechanic replaced the belt because it was old and soon to fail. They also did some work on the gimbal.
When it went back into the water the timing was off. I was able to fix that myself but I don’t have the top end power I had before. It takes a much longer time to get to plane as well.
Could this be a belt issue?
There’s no squealing with the belt.
No interior engine work was done so it's the only thing I can think of that has changed from before.
Thanks in advance.

