Logo

1994 115hp Merc None of the plugs are getting fire

badboy

"I recently aquired this boat

"I recently aquired this boat because my brother in-law was tired of fixing broken parts. It ran one weekend then the next weekend it would not run.

I have replaced the plugs, replaced the switch box. Still, I am not getting fire to any of the 4 plugs. I think the kill switch has been bypassed. Could it be the stator or a fuse? The motor turns over fine. What could be the problem?"

"kill switches unplug, not byp

"kill switches unplug, not bypass. The stator may be bad. Not juice into the box. All black/yellow wires need to be unplugged."

Thanks Bandit... I'm going

Thanks Bandit... I'm going to trouble shoot that kill switch again because the wires coming from the kill switch are unplugged.

What do you mean by "Not juice into the box. All black/yellow wires need to be unplugged."?

"If the stator fails than ther

"If the stator fails than there will not be any power to fire the plugs. Make sure you find all the rev-limit boxes, mercury tilt switches and other crap modules Merc puts on there that have black yellow kill wires on them."

"I am having the same exact pr

"I am having the same exact problem with my 95 115. WE were given the motor a couple months back and finally got it in the water last weekend. Ran it all day but before we could get home, it would not fire. We are getting no spark from any plug. Also our kill switch was never hooked up."

I replaced my switch box and t

I replaced my switch box and that did not fix the problem. I am replacing my stator today. I will let you know if that fixes my problem.

My engine has a voltage regula

My engine has a voltage regulator. I replaced my stator with the Mercury Stator 174-9710 K1. The boat started right up. I could not believe it. I am going to put it in the lake Saturday to make sure nothing else is wrong.

"the yellow black kill switch

"the yellow black kill switch removed will allow the engine to start only if there is a problem with the switch box, if by removing the yellow/black wire and it still got no fie then its usually the stator."

When I got the boat the black

When I got the boat the black and yellow wires underneath the dash were unplugged. I replugged them up. I did replace the switch box first and then the stator. It is possible both parts could have been bad.

Back