Logo

1993 Evinrude E60TLETD not getting up to speed

Vikinghawk

Hello everyone. I have my boat in the shop currently trying to figure out why my boat will not go over 14 MPH. I have gotten it to 30MPH, but had to continuously pump the primer bulb to do it. I have no fuel leak, not sucking air as far as I can see. I have replaced the fuel pump, all hoses and tubing, and brand new gas tank. I "cleand" all 3 catbs about 3 times (I am no mechanic, but I did replace all gaskets, o-rings, etc.) The guy that had the boat before me took out the VRO and started premixing the gas and oil. He still had the pulse limiter connected to the pump, and my mechanic removed it and put in a house barb and connected the pulse line to it. He thought that was my issue. It must not have been as I picked it up on Saturday and took to the lake to try it out, and it still will not get on plane and go faster than 14MPH. He said the motor runs excellent, but he does not know what the deal with it is. He is going to take the 3 carburetors off and go through them next. What else am I missing??? This is the 2nd year I have had the boat, and not gotten to enjoy it yet. Please help! Thanks in advance!

A " no money spent " inspection step.----See if perhaps a cylinder sleeve rotated.
Racerone... Thanks for the response! I believe that is probably above my skill level. I have no clue on how to even do that. I will Google it and see if there are some directions or video on how to do that. Thanks again!

I have one of those blocks with the sleeve rotated.----Motor was scrapped.----I picked it up for parts.----Maybe install another sleeve one day.

Back