Logo

198990 200hp Mercury outboard

• Thread starter richard mcdowell
  • Start date
R

richard mcdowell

" Where is the serial number o

" Where is the serial number on a 1989-90 Merc 200hp? I also need to know how to tell which charging system it has. I don't think it is the 40 amp version but there are several others.Thanks,Rich "

" The serial # should be locat

" The serial # should be located on the swivel bracket, either port or stbd side. According to my service manual you have a 40 amp stator. "

I found the serial number 08&

I found the serial number 08(B?)374015. I am trying to determine what type charging system I have. I found the rectifier and it checked out ok but the book said with the 40 amp charging system the voltage regulator is watercooled. I just got this motor and I'm not familiar with all the components.Thanks for your help.

" It is OB374015. If you go to

" It is OB374015. If you go to www.Mercurymarine.com , you can get a breakdown of your motor. It will give you all the part #'s and the latest list price. After you get to the Mercury web site, click on "Go Shopping", then ?arts Express?and then just follow the menu?. If I can help you further, you can E-Mail me or just add another message to this listing. "

I have a 1989 Black Max 135 e

I have a 1989 Black Max 135 extra long shaft and cannot find a serial number anywhere. I have checked the port and starboard swivel bracket. Could it be anywhere else?

Back