Yesterday I noticed some bad vibrations on this motor at around 4000 rpms. It doesn't mean that they aren't there at lower or higher rpms, but at 4000, I can tell that they are there, they even transfer to the hull and I can feel the whole boat vibrating. Ordinary people will not notice them, but I definitely do and it's driving me mad. I know that there are lots of things that can go wrong, but I'm asking for just a suggestion for the usual things that I should inspect. (My dad suggested that maybe is got something to do with the lower unit oil, as we haven't changed it recently, and maybe it got 100 - 150 hours on it).
Also, I want to ask about the fuel economy for this kind of engine. It's fitted on a 15 foot - 1060 pound boat. I'm getting approx. 5 to 6 gallons per hour if i cruize at a constant speed of about 3800 - 4200 rpms (17 - 19 mph). If I go at full speed 5000+ rpms, then the consumption is 7 to 8 gallons. The boat load is 2 persons + equipment. Is this normal? I know that older 2 strokes engine can drink alot of fuel. I use 95 octane unleaded fuel.
If the fuel consumption is high, what are the appropriate actions one must take? Clean carbs, fuel lines, filters, etc?
Thanks.
Also, I want to ask about the fuel economy for this kind of engine. It's fitted on a 15 foot - 1060 pound boat. I'm getting approx. 5 to 6 gallons per hour if i cruize at a constant speed of about 3800 - 4200 rpms (17 - 19 mph). If I go at full speed 5000+ rpms, then the consumption is 7 to 8 gallons. The boat load is 2 persons + equipment. Is this normal? I know that older 2 strokes engine can drink alot of fuel. I use 95 octane unleaded fuel.
If the fuel consumption is high, what are the appropriate actions one must take? Clean carbs, fuel lines, filters, etc?
Thanks.



