Logo

1989 evinrude 150 no spark

" Jim... I assume you're c

" Jim... I assume you're checking the spark with the s/plugs out to allow the highest rpm available. If not, do so.

Disconnect the RED main electrical plug, then crank the engine via the starter solenoid (solenoid battery cable term to solenoid 3/8" nut). If you now have proper spark (jumps a 7/16" gap), replace the ignition switch.

If still no spark, check the stator under the flywheel. If it's cracked and oozing a sticky substance from it, that would prevent the stator from providing the proper voltage to the powerpack(s). The cure would be to replace the stator.

It's always possible that a powerpack could fail, but the above are the most likely causes.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC) "

I disconnected the red main e

I disconnected the red main electrical plug used jumper wire still number two cyl. checked all coneters to see if corred. Put wires back on now I got fire on 2-3-6. not firing on 1-4-5 cyls. I put the wrong cyl number the first time it was suppost to be #2.

ARe you sure on the numbers o

ARe you sure on the numbers of the cylinders??? spark on half the cylinders may indicate one bad power pack.

Back