Logo

1987 60 Yamaha starts and runs ok for 15mins

paulburs

New member
"Hi,
I am having trouble with


"Hi,
I am having trouble with my 1987 60hp Yamaha. It pretty much starts on the first go and then runs OK for the first 15-20 minutes. It then starts to surge up and down the rev range without me touching the throttle. I've had it to the mechanics and they've run tests and say they can't find anything wrong. They've even tested it in the water and say the boat ran perfectly. I suspect it was a very sort test!
I took the boat out yesterday and experienced exactly the same problem again.

Are there any simple tests that I can run to try and isolate the problem. I'm not keen to take it back to the mechanic as I'm already $1,000 out of pocket and no closer to the problem"
 
Back
Top