"Last time I took her out, she
"Last time I took her out, she ran good, except for the occasional miss. It didn't happen consistently, but it did happen at full throttle, and would cause the motor to rev up for about a half second, then it would return to normal. Any thoughts on this? I was thinking maybe the carb was loading up, and I am planning on rebuilding the carb this winter anyways, so is it possible that will aleviate the miss?
Also, I replaced the strainer housing and the 90 degree elbow was leaking some water. I am apparently missing a part that fits on top of the housing. Is that part an integral piece to prevent the elbow from leaking? (The elbow is just a compression fit, as the housing bolts tighten down to seat it onto the pipe.) Or do I need to tighten the housing bolts down? I had to re-tap one hole and put a 1/4" bolt in it instead of the factory 6mm or 6.5mm, I don't recall which. Did I just not tighten them enough in fear of restripping them, or is the cover that fits on before you put the cap on needed? Thanks."
"Last time I took her out, she ran good, except for the occasional miss. It didn't happen consistently, but it did happen at full throttle, and would cause the motor to rev up for about a half second, then it would return to normal. Any thoughts on this? I was thinking maybe the carb was loading up, and I am planning on rebuilding the carb this winter anyways, so is it possible that will aleviate the miss?
Also, I replaced the strainer housing and the 90 degree elbow was leaking some water. I am apparently missing a part that fits on top of the housing. Is that part an integral piece to prevent the elbow from leaking? (The elbow is just a compression fit, as the housing bolts tighten down to seat it onto the pipe.) Or do I need to tighten the housing bolts down? I had to re-tap one hole and put a 1/4" bolt in it instead of the factory 6mm or 6.5mm, I don't recall which. Did I just not tighten them enough in fear of restripping them, or is the cover that fits on before you put the cap on needed? Thanks."

