Logo

1985 70hp Remove VRO

boatjunkie

I want to completely remove th

I want to completely remove the VRO pump on my 1985 70hp Johnson. What fuel pump do I need? What do I need to know? Thanks in advance. Rodney

"#385784, its the fuel pump of

"#385784, its the fuel pump off of the '83 70hp. replace all the fuel lines,disconnect and cap off the oil inlet, disconnect the VRO wiring harness."

Fyi omc made a conversion kit

Fyi omc made a conversion kit for that application

I am not saying that this is the only way but check it out first

"Rodney, replacing a Variable

"Rodney, replacing a Variable Oil Ratio pump with a STATIC PRE MIX is not a good idea you will regret it. Just my 2 cents ..Its your call. Every time I idle through a No WAKE ZONE, I am piss at the fact my engine loads up, I have now mastered the idling in such a way it works but I hate it ..
If your VRO is working then DO NOT REMOVE IT !!
Many will disagree that's why its your call. My engine was destroyed and it was NOT on a VRO but mine was due to the fact the connecting rod was loose..Somehow my guardian angel on this board mentioned it was my fault.."

"not sure what 'static&#39

"not sure what 'static' pre-mix is,..but going back to the old fuel pump,is not a problem at all..its all personal choice!...the 'conversion',is usually a high priced 'VRO' looking fuel pump,when,the 100.00 dlr one,or way less,was used for 30 yrs,or more.."

"if a person chooses,to stay o

"if a person chooses,to stay on the VRO-OMS system,...IT MUST BE MAINTAINED.....u cant just blow it off!....and keep adding oil...those!,...r the ones we see crying and blaming the VRO....when,it was 20 yrs old,tank never cleaned,filter clogged,warning horn wk's,..who knows?"

Back