Logo

1985 15 hp evinrude pull cord sticks

Matt Ioder

New member
Periodically when I go to pull start my motor the pull cord is stuck fast. Can't pull it an inch. If I toggle the shifter between forward and reverse it will work again. Anyone have a fix? Also sometimes it pulls halfway out and sticks. It recoils fine.
 
If throttle is open too far the starter locks up.----Is it ( interlock ) set up correctly?----Checked gear oil?---Washer in place at the bottom of the starter cup?----Did this issue develop suddenly?-----How long have you owned this motor?
 
If throttle is open too far the starter locks up.----Is it ( interlock ) set up correctly?----Checked gear oil?---Washer in place at the bottom of the starter cup?----Did this issue develop suddenly?-----How long have you owned this motor?
I've had the motor for one month and I didn't catch this at the purchase most of the time.It pulls freely
 
I've also had this happen when I have the throttle turned all the way down.I always do my best to lineup the throttle with the Arrows.But it'll still happen like one pulls out of ten
 
Back
Top