I have a either 1984 (pretty sure it is), or 85 30hp mercury outboard. Love the motor been really good to me, but the first thing. The actual throttle control will let you push it easily to lets say lowish speeds, but when you want to get out and crank on it, it feels like it catches, but then if you keep adding pressure, it will let go into the higher speeds. Normally kinda knocking you back from acceleration. So like I said its fine to a point, hangs up and then finally the more pressure you put on it gets past its hangup and its easily moved to full throttle, back to that spot where it hangs up about mid throttle.
Second. I got a bad back, so lifting it back out of the water can be a little rough on me. Is there any "cheap" way to add atleast power tilt/trim? Ive seen the units for like 600 bucks (the gmc or cmc or whatever), but was hoping there was a less expensive way.
Thanks for your help.
Aaron
Second. I got a bad back, so lifting it back out of the water can be a little rough on me. Is there any "cheap" way to add atleast power tilt/trim? Ive seen the units for like 600 bucks (the gmc or cmc or whatever), but was hoping there was a less expensive way.
Thanks for your help.
Aaron


