Logo

1981 Tilt trim motor

Sneed-0

I am in the process of fixing up a 81 alumacraft and am having issues with the 3 prong plug on the tilt motor. Ive read that the horizontal slot on the motor itself will have 12 volts, but Im getting 12 volts on one of the vertical slots. I have the 4 pair wire (blue, green,purple and brown) coming from the remote to the back of the boat.I was told that purple should be hooked to 12 volt source, but was thinking I should get that from the 3 prong plug. If anyone could shed light on this subject I sure would appreciate the help.

Green is down, blue is up, brown??, Red maybe? 12v to trim pump solenoid which follows through trim switch. Purple to the trim limit switch which can be by passed by connecting the blue and purple

I have this wiring dia. for the bilge mounted pump. power-trim-wiringsmall.jpg

Ok. Hell I might try and put 12 volt power to the brown with white stripe wire. I definitely do not have a red one coming from the quicksilver remote.

Methinks a couple of pics of what you have might help right now. I reread your post,brown white stripe is to the trim gauge. Blue up, green down and purple 12v+. Would not recommend putting 12v+ to brown,probabley blow a fuse at best

Back