Logo

1979 Evinrude 115hp no spark one cyl - left bank

cbaldoni1

New member
Hello,

I am having an issue with my motor, i recently replaced the timer base and stator due to a no spark condition, now i have spark on 3 out of four cylinders, should i swap the power packs around to see if the condition moves, or try something else,

Thanks,
 
Check the leads to the coils.(Not the Spark plug leads) If they are clean, move the coil on the dead cyl to a different cyl and see if the problem moves with it.

If it does, replace the coil. I would replace all the coils.

If the problem does not go with the coil to a different cyl, feel up under the flywheel(with the engine turned off) and see if any of the magnets are loose.
 
Last edited:
Check the leads to the coils.(Not the Spark plug leads) If they are clean, move the coil on the dead cyl to a different cyl and see if the problem moves with it.

If it does, replace the coil. I would replace all the coils.

If the problem does not go with the coil to a different cyl, feel up under the flywheel(with the engine turned off) and see if any of the magnets are loose.

I tried that, I have also tried a spare timer base and stator, power packs as well, still the same problem on the same cylinder,
the only thing I haven't tested or replaced is the rectifier,
 
Check the leads to the coils.(Not the Spark plug leads) If they are clean, move the coil on the dead cyl to a different cyl and see if the problem moves with it.

If it does, replace the coil. I would replace all the coils.

If the problem does not go with the coil to a different cyl, feel up under the flywheel(with the engine turned off) and see if any of the magnets are loose.

Did you check this.
 
I actually removed the flywheel and did not see anything wrong with it, I have swaped coil connections and the suspected coil worked fine,
 
Back
Top