nicklanigan
Contributing Member
Hi all.
Pulled off the gearcase the other day to replace the impeller - first time I've personally done it.
Just a question on the water tube grommets involved - according the parts diagrams there are two water tube grommets - one is located in water pump body, part #314008 from the following link:
http://www.marineengine.com/parts/j...5TXL77S&manufacturer=Johnson§ion=Gearcase
There is also another grommet which seems to fit on the end of the water pipe which is listed as part #305145 from the following link:
http://www.marineengine.com/parts/j...&manufacturer=Johnson§ion=Exhaust+Housing
Mine did not have the second grommet present (on the end of the tube).
Just want to confirm the parts diagrams are correct, and I should have two grommets? Presumably if so, someone has done a lazy repair job at some point.
Much appreciated as always, and apologies if the links don't work, first time I've tried in this editor.
Nick.
Pulled off the gearcase the other day to replace the impeller - first time I've personally done it.
Just a question on the water tube grommets involved - according the parts diagrams there are two water tube grommets - one is located in water pump body, part #314008 from the following link:
http://www.marineengine.com/parts/j...5TXL77S&manufacturer=Johnson§ion=Gearcase
There is also another grommet which seems to fit on the end of the water pipe which is listed as part #305145 from the following link:
http://www.marineengine.com/parts/j...&manufacturer=Johnson§ion=Exhaust+Housing
Mine did not have the second grommet present (on the end of the tube).
Just want to confirm the parts diagrams are correct, and I should have two grommets? Presumably if so, someone has done a lazy repair job at some point.
Much appreciated as always, and apologies if the links don't work, first time I've tried in this editor.
Nick.

