Logo

1976 70 Hp rude Throtle rod amp Yoke adjust

mobiletec

Hi everyone. I had A problem a

Hi everyone. I had A problem awhile back with engine bogging out when throtling up but corrected that as there was a pinched line on numer 2 carb. Know i may have moved the throtle control rod yoke abit and know i have rough idle and it stalles when i place it in forward gear at trolling speed. If i throtle up its great and takes off no problem. Know i have an original repair manual for this engine and it states that if the throtle control lever and yoke have been disturbed to set it at 4-31/32" from end of rod to start of yoke. Know my question is if i do this i cant get the roller cam on carbs to alighn with the throtle cam theres no room for adjustment it stays to high almost at the start mark. Is this 4-31/32 just an initial adjustment? Now for me to synk this right am i to loosen the carb roller cam and adjust the idle screw with a timming light connected to let the mark hit the TDC on flywheel Then adjust my yoke on throtle shaft to hit the cam follower on carb linkage on bottom mark. Then readjust my idle to 750 rpm in forward. Thanks for any help

Ohh sorry about the Know--- LO

Ohh sorry about the Know--- LOL. Sorry jwb. The throtle yoke is not that far off. I was just wondering when you set the idle speed I use my timing light and adjust Idle screw till TDC on flywheel is aligned with pointer. With no movement of the carb linkages (Right). then i can adjust the throtle yoke a few turns in out out to line up with mark on roller with mark below the start line right. Thats were iam not sure.

Back