Logo

1973 Evinrude Carb Diagram

paulholcomb

Regular Contributor
Does anyone have a diagram the

Does anyone have a diagram they could email me of the internal parts of the carbs on my 73 Evinrude 65hp 3cyl outboard? I'm having elevation problems here in Colorado. This boat came from Lousiana and the altitude here is between 4500 and 9000 feet depending on where I'm fishing!! Please help. I'm heading to Nebraska in a couple of weeks and would like to have these things figured out before then.

"Paul, the main jet (orifi

"Paul, the main jet (orifice) is located in the front lower part of the bowl on the carb.

Here's a pic from OMC

83579.gif

At your elevation you should install a 55D orifice (jet). The stock 59D is probably what's in it right now..."

"What is the name of that part

"What is the name of that part number 26....I found 2 of the 3 carbs almost had been rattled completely out of the carb, only 1 carb was tight. Can you email me the picture so that I can save a better copy of this picture as well as a parts list? Thank you for your help so far.

[email protected]"

"Where do I buy new Jets? Do

"Where do I buy new Jets? Do I have to buy them from online and wait for their arrival through the mail, or is it possible to get them from Napa/checker/autozone? What kind of carb are they for? I'm clueless here!! First time boat owner here."

"Paul, try Napa or find an OMC

"Paul, try Napa or find an OMC dealer if you are in a hurry... If none are close or have what you are after then you are probably going to have to wait out the mail.

I'm sure Andrew (the moderator here) has them and could get it to you in a few days at worst...."

Back