Hi all,
Working on a 70s Merc model 40 4hp. I'm not getting fuel to my carburetor so I disassembled the fuel pump, cleaned out the junk, made sure the passages were clear, diaphragm is intact. I pump the ball and nothing enters the bowl.
I loosened the screws on the fuel Pump and squeezed the ball. I could see fuel seeping out between the three parts of the body. Pulled it apart and it looks like there is fuel all through the pump but it won't reach the carb.
Here's a link to the pump diagram.
www.crowleymarine.com
Not really sure what to do next short of a rebuild.
Working on a 70s Merc model 40 4hp. I'm not getting fuel to my carburetor so I disassembled the fuel pump, cleaned out the junk, made sure the passages were clear, diaphragm is intact. I pump the ball and nothing enters the bowl.
I loosened the screws on the fuel Pump and squeezed the ball. I could see fuel seeping out between the three parts of the body. Pulled it apart and it looks like there is fuel all through the pump but it won't reach the carb.
Here's a link to the pump diagram.
FUEL PUMP AND FUEL LINE ASSEMBLY - Serial Range Outboard 40 (1 CYL.) 3305152 THRU 7045757 [CAN] | Crowley Marine
View parts diagrams and shop online for FUEL PUMP AND FUEL LINE ASSEMBLY parts, Serial Range Outboard 40 (1 CYL.) 3305152 THRU 7045757 [CAN]. Offering discount prices on OEM parts for over 50 years. FAST $4.95 shipping available.
Not really sure what to do next short of a rebuild.

