Logo

1967 Johnson 6hp seahorse run about 1 min and die

karoteleo

New member
I am new to this forum.
I just bought my first outboard motor(1967 6hp johnson seahorse).
After it runs for about 1 minute, it will die.
I opened top cover and found some fuel on the edge of the gasket which located on the top of float chamber.(not sure where those fuel come from)
Then I started motor again and I found after it ran for a while, some air bubbles appeared in "fuel pump to carburetor" hose(seems coming from carburetor side). After more air came in, fuel stopped pass through hose then motor died.
I think it should have somewhere leaking in carburetor, but not sure which part.
I just want to get some ideas how can I locate the leaking before I take the whole carburetor apart.
Thanks.
 
Try running on a different tank,if the problem persists try pumping the bulb and see if it keeps it from dying.
 
Well I'm sure that you got your answer from another forum since you posted in two,but it sounds like the fuel pump.I think you can rebuild them.
 
Back
Top