MarineEngine.com does not offer troubleshooting assistance or repair advice by email or by telephone.
You are invited to join our public Boat Repair Forum to seek assistance from other members.
You may also visit the Boat Motor Manuals section of our site to obtain a service manual.
Hi here is the model number for the engine RDSL-29E I by passed all the cables and am testing directly at the starter to eliminate any issues with wiring. Coils are new shifter is functional goes in and out of gear fine. Just can’t get it to turn over with both plugs in and also has a new starterModel # of this motor ?----Load test the battery.----Check battery cables.----Take starter apart for inspection / cleaning.----Perhaps new brushes.------Remove flywheel and inspect coils.-----If original they will be cracked.----Electric shift ?----If so inspect the generator and belt.-----Check gear oil.-----Check shift function if electric shift.----Spend no beer tokens until you determine overall condition of the motor.------Install new water pump impeller before launching the boat.
I appreciate the help I’m stumped myselfWell----Something is wrong.-----Good luck with it.
I’ve given every piece of information you’ve asked for so don’t understand how I’m keeping “vital information a secret”I would not be stumped here.-----But I can not see , hear or touch your motor.----You are keeping vital information like a secret.-----Assume that your starter is good.----Assume that battery is good.-----Therfor I step aside.----Sorry.
Read the posts & read the question
I’ve got all the help I need from this thanksRead the posts & read the questions.