1966 MERCURY 500 “NEED ADVISE PLEASE”
Starts great and goes to WOT,planes out nicely……gets up to about 30 mph and then starts slowly losing power! It doesn’t stall or hesitate just starts slowly losing power to about 10 mph.
Tried new gas tank
New fuel line with pump
New fuel
Tried pumping while it starts going slower …doesn’t affect it
New plugs
I did just replace the whole magneto assembly…purchased it on eBay
New bearings ,points, cap,rotor,and plug wires
Not sure what’s going on.
I had to replace the magneto because the bearings went bad along with the coil….before all that it ran fine
Starts great and goes to WOT,planes out nicely……gets up to about 30 mph and then starts slowly losing power! It doesn’t stall or hesitate just starts slowly losing power to about 10 mph.
Tried new gas tank
New fuel line with pump
New fuel
Tried pumping while it starts going slower …doesn’t affect it
New plugs
I did just replace the whole magneto assembly…purchased it on eBay
New bearings ,points, cap,rotor,and plug wires
Not sure what’s going on.
I had to replace the magneto because the bearings went bad along with the coil….before all that it ran fine

