Logo

1966 Johnson LD-11 Prop wanted to buy (0380104/012004/pj-7)

davidrinke

New member
Good Morning!

I bought a used Johnson LD-11 on FB Marketplace, and when I got it home, I realized the prop was missing a chunk of a blade and the other two were pretty badly bent.

I did a bunch of research using p/n's I got from the parts diagrams from MarineEngine, and I could only find one for sale out there. OE p/n 0380104, Michigan Wheel p/n 012004 or PJ-7

If anyone has this prop available and for sale, please let me know. I'll pay to ship it, I dont care.
 
This is a somewhat rare ( left hand ) prop.----Try the ---aomci----Post a wanted ad there.----A prop from various other motors could be adapted as well.
 
Have you checked Ebay? Lots of Johnson props there.
lol yeah, there is nothing for this prop on eBay, I even reached out to some OMC parts sellers to see if they had unlisted ones they would sell, no dice.

So, I am trying the "direct" approach with you guys! I know SOMEBODY out there has this prop and doesnt want an arm, leg, and ear for it, lolol.
 
This is a somewhat rare ( left hand ) prop.----Try the ---aomci----Post a wanted ad there.----A prop from various other motors could be adapted as well.
Correct, this is a LH prop. Was on the LD series from 1965-1968. Johnson made a TON of these motors apparently, but, that was 61 years ago, and there arent many parts, let alone props, out there.

If you have a recommendation for a prop that could be adapted to this motor, I am all ears!
 
Hi. I should have one, I'll take a look. I also repair them. Got a photo of it?
Sure, I dont think this one is repairable, lolol
prop 2.jpg
 

Attachments

  • prop 1.jpg
    prop 1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Try Tim's outboard in Hackensack MN. 218 682 2331. Tell Mike, Dan, Theresa, or Cassie that Tim sent ya. Pretty sure that they have one. We just got clobbered with heavy snow and wind here in Duluth. I won't get my shop dug out for a day or two. It's our first bad blizzard in three years. Snow too wet to blow. Gotta hand shovel it.
 
Try Tim's outboard in Hackensack MN. 218 682 2331. Tell Mike, Dan, Theresa, or Cassie that Tim sent ya. Pretty sure that they have one. We just got clobbered with heavy snow and wind here in Duluth. I won't get my shop dug out for a day or two. It's our first bad blizzard in three years. Snow too wet to blow. Gotta hand shovel it.
I'll give them a call this AM, thanks!
 
Thank you all for your help with this.

Tim's Outboard didnt have one in stock, but, one of the OMC sellers on eBay ended up having a new-old-stock prop for purchase.

I cant wait to get the 'ol SeaHorse out on the water, it'll be perfect for my little 14' aluminum boat to get me out to the best spots!
 
Yup, they burn across and loose compression. Best little fishing motors ever. Still have my first one, a 1965 Fisherman by Evinrude. Nearly 4000 trouble free hours on it....Dad bought it brand new. In 60 years of use only put in one head gasket one impeller and a set of points and condensers and one set of coils. Total cost about $70 in parts. It's actually behind me in that avatar photo while I am running the 30 horse Mercury. Mostly used the six horsepower for trolling steady while fishing lake trout in remote Ontario.
 
Back
Top