Logo

1959 Evinrude 10 HP Sportwin to sell

Jumbodog

New member
I have a 1959 Evinrude 10 HP Sportwin that I bought a few years ago at an estate sale. It belonged to a very old man who is long gone and it has not been run in years. I checked compression and its 105 in each cylinder. There is no spark, so I suspect points or magnetos. F-N-R all function correctly through prop, though it appears the lower unit was replaced long ago due to color diff (cream). It has the correct fuel tank with dual hose, flexible but getting hard. I have no idea of it's value, but I thought it was so cool being it's a 50th Golden Jubilee and looks so nice and un-abused. I have a clear MO title in my name. Suggested price that I should ask or any offers out there? Steve PS I have pictures but forum said file is too big. I can make something work if I receive any interest from members.
 
Post an ad on ----aomci----website.----There are quite a few of these motors around.----Typically go for $100 as is.----Getting a shop to do a magneto repair can add up to serious beer tokens if you cannot do the work yourself.
 
I have a 1959 Evinrude 10 HP Sportwin that I bought a few years ago at an estate sale. It belonged to a very old man who is long gone and it has not been run in years. I checked compression and its 105 in each cylinder. There is no spark, so I suspect points or magnetos. F-N-R all function correctly through prop, though it appears the lower unit was replaced long ago due to color diff (cream). It has the correct fuel tank with dual hose, flexible but getting hard. I have no idea of it's value, but I thought it was so cool being it's a 50th Golden Jubilee and looks so nice and un-abused. I have a clear MO title in my name. Suggested price that I should ask or any offers out there? Steve PS I have pictures but forum said file is too big. I can make something work if I receive any interest from members.
Hey there! I'm in OKC and looking for a Golden Jubilee for a 1959 Lone Star Monterey that im restoring. What part of Missouri are you in?
 
Hey there! I'm in OKC and looking for a Golden Jubilee for a 1959 Lone Star Monterey that im restoring. What part of Missouri are you in?
I'm in Grover, MO, the motor is at my man-cave in St. Clair, MO. Mile marker 242 off of I-44. This would be an awesome combo! In the next few days I'll get this on FB Marketplace so you can see the pictures of what nice shape it is in.
 
I'm in Grover, MO, the motor is at my man-cave in St. Clair, MO. Mile marker 242 off of I-44. This would be an awesome combo! In the next few days I'll get this on FB Marketplace so you can see the pictures of what nice shape it is in.
Any idea what youre looking to get for it? I found a beautiful running Golden Jubilee for $400 but its WAY up in Ladysmith, WI. 😳 You're half thaf distance! Lol! I believe you should be able to upload photos here also. I'd love to try and make an offer before it goes up on Marketplace if everything looks good.
 
I don't think my 10 hp Evinrude would be big enough for your Monterrey. But, if you are still interested, message me on my Facebook; Steve Cook Wildwood or Grover, MO I have 2 items on Marketplace where you can find me also; "Flat Swingset Swing " or "Chile Glider Swing". I'll give you my phone # and text or email you pictures.
 
Any idea what youre looking to get for it? I found a beautiful running Golden Jubilee for $400 but its WAY up in Ladysmith, WI. 😳 You're half thaf distance! Lol! I believe you should be able to upload photos here also. I'd love to try and make an offer before it goes up on Marketplace if everything looks good.
For $400 dollars, it should be a running, mint condition engine with a functioning original gas tank.
 
Thank-you for that info Fitz. I plan to sell mine for $200 with original tank and (dual) fuel line.
It should sell easily if running with a fuel tank for that that price. Those engines are so far superior to anything being produced today. As long as replacement coils, condensers and impellers are available and it is stored properly you will get another 66+ years out of it.
 
There were issues with the bushings on the wrist pin on those models..----The rods were updated in 1961 to a hefty needle bearing on the wrist pin.----Same bearing as on the wrist pin of a 125 HP model V-4.
 
Back
Top