Doityourselfer
New member
Hello Veterans,
I am amazed at the knowledge base here. I just recently bought a 1959 Evinrude 10 Hp (10018) outboard. I got it running in the trash can of water and am seeing some black oil floating on the water. When I was running the motor I noticed a small amount of light brown cream leeching from the exhaust housing cover plate. The next day I looked and saw black oil stripe comming from the exhaust housing cover plate. I am new to outboards but I have the seloc and am determined to succeed. The next thing I was going to do was drain the gear oil and look at it to see if I could find any water I bought the Penzoil 80W gear oil from Academy.
Any help would be great if you can.
Thanks,
Doityourselfer
I am amazed at the knowledge base here. I just recently bought a 1959 Evinrude 10 Hp (10018) outboard. I got it running in the trash can of water and am seeing some black oil floating on the water. When I was running the motor I noticed a small amount of light brown cream leeching from the exhaust housing cover plate. The next day I looked and saw black oil stripe comming from the exhaust housing cover plate. I am new to outboards but I have the seloc and am determined to succeed. The next thing I was going to do was drain the gear oil and look at it to see if I could find any water I bought the Penzoil 80W gear oil from Academy.
Any help would be great if you can.
Thanks,
Doityourselfer

