Logo

1951 or 52 Johnson 10HP Sea Horse

deer_hunter_

New member
"Can anyone help with telling

"Can anyone help with telling what a 1951 or 52 Johnson Sea Horse 10HP,is worth?
It has been stored in the corner of my shop since 1991.It is in pretty good shape,as far as I know the only thing wrong is the bottom half of the carburetor is missing.It is suppose to be rebuilt,that's when the part got lost.
I planned on fixing it up and finding a small boat to put it on,but I'm sure most of you know how that goes.I became disabled and have to get rid of a lot of things and I would like to know how much to ask for this.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve"
 
"Hey Steve,

Unfortunately,


"Hey Steve,

Unfortunately, unless the motor is in brand new condition, it's not worth a lot of money to a collector. It's real value is when it runs good enough to make a good fishing motor, or for someone who has an old boat that they want to make look cool by having a matching motor. I have 3 old 10 Johnsons, a 1949, a a 1955, and a 1958. The 1949 has been in the family since new, so is priceless to me, but has a few issues that keep it from being a great runner - street value about $100. The 1955 and 1958 both look decent, and run excellent. If I were to sell them locally, I'd expect to get $200 $300 each, probably by someone who needs a 10HP fishing motor, but doesn't have $2500+ for a new motor. I use the 1958 as my main fishing motor, so I wouldn't sell it unless the price was way up there since I'd have to fork out too much $$$ to replace it. The best invention for selling an old motor (although I've never sold a motor, I just keep collecting them)is EBay. Take some good, clear pictures, and describe the motor as good as you can, and let the buyer decide what it is worth.
You can also check out the free classifieds at http://www.aomci.org/ to compare."
 
Back
Top