Logo

150 johnson runs good for 30 mins or so and then dies and will only idle

J

justin henderson

Guest
i just replaced the stator and

i just replaced the stator and powerpack due to no fire at all and now the motor runs great for 30 mins and then dies and will only crank up and idle but when the motor cools it will crank fine and run for another 30 mins.
 
it thought maybe the SLOW was

it thought maybe the SLOW was kicking in but the motor does not get hot and no alarm sounds. does anyone have any idea where to start?
 
is it probable that the regula

is it probable that the regulator is causing the stator to overheat because i had a similar problem before the powerpack and stator went bad
 
I have a 93 Javelin 363 with a

I have a 93 Javelin 363 with a 140 Johnson motor. My problem is my engine will start fine the first time and idle ok. Let it run say 15 min's and try to idle it won't. It will die and I have to start it over and over again. Finally it will run rough and when I put it in gear and give it gas it will die again. If I work with it I can get it going after 4 or 5 times restarting it. Had it in the shop twice but it does the same thing. I had it out today and could not drive my boat on to my trailer because I could not keep it running. Any ideas would be helpful. Thank you.
 
"justin,..i would eval the ent

"justin,..i would eval the entire ignition system,when...this occurs..loose,corroded,bad wires can cause this.your reg,is not causing stator to overheat...i would ck that reg tho.what is the model number?"
 
i do not know the model number

i do not know the model number the tag that is was on is gone. i do believe it is a 150gle tho. i have had a mechanic check the whole system but it shows nothing. he says until it starts acting up it will not show anything on the meter.
 
Back
Top