Logo

150 Johnson FICHT help

snookwhaler

Regular Contributor
I have a friend that has an older Angler 180 CC. It has a 150 Johnson FICHT on it. The boat has been sitting for many years. I plan on selling my current boat to get this one and get it going.

He says the boat always ran fantastic and never had any issues. The engine only has 86 hours on it. He has serious back issues, multiple surgery's, etc... This is the reason it has been sitting for so long. I am a close friend and since I have known him (many years), the boat has just been sitting in his driveway.

I want to try to get the engine going ASAP. What should I be looking at replacing on a FICHT that has been sitting for over 6 years. Obvious things would be water pump, fuel lines, plugs, run it off an aux. tank until I can have the aluminum one cleaned or replaced.

What else am I looking at as far as the engine goes? I have been reading that the older FICHT's eat powerheads if things go wrong. I would like to try to avoid investing in another engine if possible.

Any help greatly appreciated. I will have more info. on the engine and boat on Thursday.

Back