Logo

´05 Yamaha 225hp rpm hanging up at idle......

ch_eng

Hi All,

I have a problem with my Yamaha 225 ´05 outboard. When I pull the throttle handle back to neutral the rpm will hang up around 22,000. I have fitted a new 704 throttle remote and cables fitted as the cables were very stiff and the remote was loose & worn. The cables and remote is running smoothly. When I pop the hood off I can see the butterfly valves have not fully returned to the idle position. I can then physically push them back to the correct position and the rev´s will drop to 600/700. I am thinking there is an extra resistance somewhere or one or more of the springs are weak and therefore unable to return to idle position. Everything is clean and well lubricated so hopefully the extra resistance will be eliminated. Has anyone experienced this before? Any tips or info very welcome... not sure which way to go next. Many thanks in advance for any replies.

hi it looks like you have a cable adjustment issue. best way is to disconnect your throttle cable then fire her up and see if it will idle, if it does then is just adjustment. hope this help

Back