Logo

You Boat experts should get a kick outta this... help out a rookie PLEASE!

JAPARA04

Hopefully you can still help me. I just bought a 1998 Larson 206 LXI. The engine is the 5.0 Volvo Penta. She purrs like a kitten. I bought it Friday and had it on 3 lakes in 3 days. Here comes the fun part. I let my wife try to pull it on to the trailer when exiting the lake and let's just say things got interesting. When I said "OK you just missed the mark back it up a little", she floored it but not in reverse and the boat pretty much jumped the trailer sideways. At any rate the very point under the prop (I'm a complete rookie but I'm guessing it's called the rudder) it got busted off about 2"s back and bent a little. Now the boat is shaking like it's rolling on a bad tire. Help out the Rookie, Please! What should I do? What is the broken piece called? Where do I go to repair it? I'm loving it and I gotta get back on the LAKE SOON!

Lake kids.jpgLake Days.jpgDocked at Shady Creek.jpgShady Creek 3.jpg Shady Creek 2.jpg

Last edited:
Start with the basics, the lower part of the leg fin could be replaced (at cost), the lower leg is normaly alli, would be amazed that its bent, i have seen them re shaped again to a fin.

Could also be a bent shaft in the gear houseing, a unbalanced prop would give you bad vibs aswell

Take the prop off and flush engine out in gear, and look at the protruding prop gear shaft on lower leg, good eyes will normaly see if it out of true by the wobble, the shaft could be bent in the gear assy itself.

wait for the true marine teckies in here they will come up with more solutions that i may off missed.

remenber a good maunal on your engine will go a long way in keeping the cost down and help in diagnosing problems

hope it help

Back