Logo

Yamaha tilt trim motor not working

Penekaha

Hey guys, I’ve bought a 2t 50hp Yamaha outboard and the tilt trim motor is not working, I’ve bypassed the relays and everything there is in working order and when I use the tilt switches it’s still clicking at the solenoid but no movement, I’m having trouble finding out what year the outboard is leading to difficulties in finding the correct tilt trim motor for it. the make and model number are as follows: 50DETO 6H5 L 595804 G any info on this would be very much appreciated 🙂

First thing I notice is that your tilt piston is up and the trim pistons are fully depressed, should be fully extended. Probably seized up, unless you lifted it into that position. Does it manually release and float down/move at all?
From what I've read, the "DETO" model is the international model. The 4th letter being "O" should make it a 1990 according to boats.net, but there is varying info on model year and letter code from this era especially with international models. Would have to see the actual serial plate.
Should be some numbers on that pump above and/or below the embossed Yamaha logo to confirm what you're looking for.
This eBay listing looks a lot like your pump. part #6H3-43800-08-EK. Hope this helps some.

Can you get to the wires coming from motor? If so use a battery to test and see if the motor will work without relays/switch. Then go from there.

Back