Logo

Yamaha poor customer service

dvenable

"I have been dealing with Yama

"I have been dealing with Yamaha on a warranty issue on a F250 now for six weeks and I will wait another week for the repairs. They now have my boat and motor and the repairs will happen when they are ready, I don't think they care at all.
Anybody ever get a lawyer involved in trying to get repairs done?"

"Dale, you would probably spen

"Dale, you would probably spend more in legal bills than the cost of a new motor.

The length of time to complete the repair may be more an issue with the dealer than with Yamaha who tends to care a great deal about customer service.

Where I live there is only 1 certified Yamaha tech within 150 miles, so warranty work becomes an issue - the guy can only do so much. It's for that reason that you see alot of Merc's on the water, serviced by the over 20 dealers in the same area.

Have you talked directly to Yamaha? perhaps the dealer you chose is just dragging his feet...."

At this time I think Yamaha is

At this time I think Yamaha is the problem. They are going to replace the power head not the dealer. I had to wait two weeks for them to go to the dealer and then another three weeks to do the repairs (they will try and do them next week).
What concerns me is nobody knows exactly what the problem is (how the water is getting in the oil) and if another on will fail.
I have spoken to Yamaha customer service and they programed to only say so much. A letter written three weeks ago has yet to answered. I wonder how Honda would be with customer service? They have always been good with my motorcycles.

Back