Logo

Yamaha FT25 - Diagnostics?

Cat Ballou

Does this engine (2019) have a diagnostics socket? The high thrust (unlike the F25) is conventional carburettor. I am asking whether a dealer can read the engine hours in the event of a warranty claim?

Here in the US there is no F/T25 model. There are F25C models and T25C models. Both being fuel injected models.

Insofar as the EFI models have a YDIS port the presumption is that the engine ECU will record and output engine hours.

Here in the US there is no F/T25 model. There are F25C models and T25C models. Both being fuel injected models.

Insofar as the EFI models have a YDIS port the presumption is that the engine ECU will record and output engine hours.

Hi
Thanks for that info. Surprised you do not have the FT25-it looks a similar concept to the Bigfoot engines ( 2.42 gear ratio, 12.25" diameter prop and a heavier constructed lower unit and twin rather than 3 cylinders) only downside, and I am not sure if it is down or upside is having a normal carburettor rather than EFI. So if there is no YDSI socket no ECU and hours record! All good.

Our T25C has the 2.41 gear ratio lower unit.

Our F25C has the 2.0 gear ratio lower unit.

Both are twin cylinder models without a balancer being used. Both are fuel injected.

If the UK F/T25 model is fuel injected, and uses what is known as an Engine Control Unit, then I suspect that it will have a YDIS port. For downloading engine data. Including engine hours.

Yamaha uses different model identities for the exact same motor when they are sold in different parts of the world.

Back