Logo

Yamaha F225 question

Bigrock123

Hi There

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if a Yamaha 2012 F225XA powerhead with all wire harness and fuel system will fit on a Yamaha 2005 F225 TXRD exhaust gallery mid section and leg. I believe the fuel system in the XA is electronic so would I need an additional wire harness for the fuel system or any other concerns with this fit up.

Thank you,

Scott.

What answer do you want? I thought this has already been covered pretty well on another forum.

Hi Boscoe.

I was wonder if I need an additional wire harness from my ignition wire harness for the electronic fuel system on the XA or would my existing wire harness for gauges, ignition etc be plug and play on XA. As you had mentioned on the the other the forum the electronic vs mechanical fuel system on the XA vs TRX.

Thank you for you input on the other forum. Just to wanted to see if anyone on this forum has any experience with what I’m trying to do.

Thx Scott.

Both models use electronic fuel injection.

The major difference is in the intake system. The F225TXRD uses six mechanical throttle bodies. The F225XA uses one electronic throttle body.

The F225TXRD mechanical throttle bodies are opened and closed mechanically. By control cables. The F225XA throttle body is opened electronically. By a gizmo on the motor that is connected to the mechanical control cables.

Both models use the same ten pin harness that runs from the motor to the control box.

The chances of you finding someone that has done what you are proposing to do is the same chance that a snowball has in hell.

Both models use electronic fuel injection.

The major difference is in the intake system. The F225TXRD uses six mechanical throttle bodies. The F225XA uses one electronic throttle body.

The F225TXRD mechanical throttle bodies are opened and closed mechanically. By control cables. The F225XA throttle body is opened electronically. By a gizmo on the motor that is connected to the mechanical control cables.

Both models use the same ten pin harness that runs from the motor to the control box.

The chances of you finding someone that has done what you are proposing to do is the same chance that a snowball has in hell.

Thank you Boscoe. This helps a lot I’ll let you know how it goes.

Back