Logo

YAMAHA F150 gear noises

relio07

Hi everyone,

I own a 2021 YAMAHA F150 engine with 240 operation hours.
After the last maintanance i noticed to noises from the gear box which appears only when engaging to reverse gear at minimum RPM, at 900 RPM the noise stops and at any other condition the engine sounds proper.
However, the mechanic who treated the engine insists that the gear adjustment was by the book and emphasized that he know the details of gear assembling.
It does sounds like a dog clutch went bad, but why would it happen for a new engine? sounds like consisting clunck noise which stays as long as the gear in reverse position and idle RPM.
Maybe I am missing somthing and its not from dog clutch? otherwise, why would to stop knock when i rev up the engine?

Thanks for helpers!

Yes.. I heard already they may bring up some noises. People recommended me to switch to aluminium. But why would it happen? and right after treatment? Is it have something to do with the impeller replacement procedure? Does the noises mean something inside the has been damaged? My engine used to work very quietly before the last treatment..

Back