Logo

Yamaha 60hp Tilt/trim

Ahmado

Hey guys I've got a problem with my trim on my yamaha 60hp out oard. When I press the switch the tilt the motor up or down all I hear is a click and nothing happens. If I hold onto the switch I can hear a very light sound of the motor trying to tilt up or down but it won't move.

now I've changed my relay and that didn't fix the problem, I ran a wire to the earth and that wasn't the problem and also ran power and still didn't work. I've checked the fluid levels in the hydraulic and when I loosen the nut fluid comes out which I'm guessing that means there is fluid in the hydraulic.
so now I'm out of ideas on what to try next, would anyone have experienced this before and have any suggestions ?

thanks

Well I'm in the same boat as you so to speak. But I can't rise my engine to get at the T/T unit to service it. See my post. But here's something I learned that might help you. Sounds like your pump was working but not pumping fluid. It could be a bad pump , or a dirty filter located under the pump motor. Or even air not purged from the system. To do that bring the motor up and locked up. Than keep working , That is if it works, the piston up and down and it will purge the air out. Also check the wiring from the relay to the pump. Let me know what you found it might help me if I ever get my motor up. Good luck

Back