Logo

Wiring diagram for 1972 model 100-293R to shifter box

Jerome Morris

I would appreciate some help wiring the shifter box to the engine . I have bought a 1972 evinrude engine and have been trying to reserect it . The problem I am having is I the cable has been cut that goes to the shifter box and I’m trying to wire it straight to the box and key switch. I have a purple wire a green,a blue, and two white wires and the shifter switch in the box only has three connections. I have no idea where the wires go. Any professional help would be greatly appreciated.

Find the wiring diagram online.------Maxrules.------Google for wiring diagrams.-----I could fix it here but giving instructions on 12 volts and wiring has proven to be difficult for some folks to comprehend.

I have googled and have a manual but neither one shows the exact wires connected to the plugs on the bottom of the shift switch. I have a pretty good comprehension of the written word so I would really appreciate if you could give me a chance. Thank you so much for your time and knowledge!

The correct control has the 5-wire start-in-neutral switch feature. You can use what you have by simply connecting the two white wires together. But, of course, that will result in being able to start it in gear, so be aware and be careful.

Thank you sir for clarifying that, I really appreciate the response. I was lucky enough to find a five wire switch yesterday and it will be here shortly. Thanks again for your help.

Green is for neutral.-----Green and blue together are reverse.----Red might go in the center terminals.
Thank you sir for the information , I have found the correct switch for it on eBay.. It takes a five wire switch for my control box. I thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions.

Back