Logo

Wiring/Controls help needed.

stormer1092

I have an old boat where the wiring is starting to dissolve. Need help replacing the control unit. Just having a hard time finding a replacement that will work. Does anyone know what I can get that will work to replace the control unit?

IMG_1582.jpg1.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg1.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg1.jpg

If your throttle and shift cables still work and you only need new wiring you can get a new harness from CDI, part number 474-9550.

Are you talking about the key switch? I don't know if there is a specific switch made for that control box but there are many after market switches that would probably work. You would just have to measure the opening to make sure it fits and that it has the correct terminals for your ignition. Something like the Sierra MP41000. There are also several that are Mercury specific but they look like they are for newer control boxes although they may still work.

Are you talking about the key switch? I don't know if there is a specific switch made for that control box but there are many after market switches that would probably work. You would just have to measure the opening to make sure it fits and that it has the correct terminals for your ignition. Something like the Sierra MP41000. There are also several that are Mercury specific but they look like they are for newer control boxes although they may still work.
Yes the key switch. That’s what I’m finding. A bunch for newer style and older ones that might work. I’ll dig a little deeper. Thank you

Back