Logo

Will it float Stinger 800 with motor removed

sobie2

"I have a Uniflite boat with a

"I have a Uniflite boat with an OMC Stinger 800 I believe (square large rubber boot) 225hp decal that I need to tow. It is in a boat house in Southeast Alaska. The motor over heated and a local mechanic removed the exhaust and cylinder heads in an attmept to work on it. Fast forward 5 years to today and I need to move the boat.

The outdrive is still hanging on the stern, and the short block is still in the boat. Are there any holes I need to plug up before towing this boat.

I'd look at the thing myself, but the the boat is at a remote cabin and I am taking a trip to retrieve it and I want to make sure I have all the tools and pieces I need to make the boat seaworthy/towable.

Thanks,
Sobie2"

"as long as your exhaust shutt

"as long as your exhaust shutters survived the overheat, they will prevent any water from backing up the exhaust ports of the intermediate.
If they are not healthy, some heavy 6 mil plastic over the ports and a handful of heavy duty tie wraps would seal it.

5 years?.... sometimes rodents like to eat the transom boot. just watch carefully as you are lowering it into the water.
If the boot is chewed or rotted, I can't think of any short cuts- it would need a new boot. "

Back