Logo

Which outdrive do I have?

Hawaii_boater

I need to replace my prop for Mercruiser 5.0L I/O. I'm not 100% sure what outdrive I have - serial number OL736166. The guy I bought it from says it is Bravo III, but I know those have two props. I also know the outdrive was rebuilt to some extent before I bought it. Anyway, looks like the serial number references to Alpha I gen II sterndrive. But the prop nut is significantly bigger than the 1-1/16 that I thought was on the Alpha I. Any ideas on what drive I actually have and what size the prop nut is? Thanks.

I need to replace my prop for Mercruiser 5.0L I/O. I'm not 100% sure what outdrive I have - serial number OL736166. The guy I bought it from says it is Bravo III, but I know those have two props. I also know the outdrive was rebuilt to some extent before I bought it. Anyway, looks like the serial number references to Alpha I gen II sterndrive. But the prop nut is significantly bigger than the 1-1/16 that I thought was on the Alpha I. Any ideas on what drive I actually have and what size the prop nut is? Thanks.
Hello there, when this drive serial number was new it was considered to be a Bravo 1 drive, But it could have easily been converted over to an bravo 2 or 3 at any time.

Also this serial number you posted was matched to a 5.7 efi engine at one time that was on a 2000 28 ft sea ray with dual engines.See info below.
ENG: 0L627782 Model number 4332077M1 MERCRUISER 5.7L EFI BRAVO
DRV: 0L736166 Model number 5231200LS MERCRUISER BRAVO 1 1.50:1
TRN: 0L823702 Model number 6211001LS MERCRUISER BRAVO TRANSOM

The best way to know what you have now is, if you could post a few good photos of the drive, someone here might be able to help I.D what drive you actually have.;):)

Hope this helps, Good luck.:)

Interesting. The boat is a 24 ft Sea Ray with one engine. I keep it in the water, so photos will be pretty tough. Hoping to get the prop replaced waterborne. Next time I pull it, I will certainly take some photos to eventually identify the drive model. Thanks.

But the prop nut is significantly bigger than the 1-1/16 that I thought was on the Alpha I. Any ideas on what drive I actually have and what size the prop nut is?

Ayuh,.... How Big is the prop,..?? about,..??

An Alpha is limited to 'bout 15"s or so....
A Bravo II swings a rather Large, Noticeably large Prop...

Due to the large nut, I'd guess it's a BII..

Back